Friday, April 18, 2008

Branded Entertainment--Game Addiction






Games at Miniclip.com - BP Gas Mania
BP Gas Mania
Play this free game now!!
I admit it. I am totally and helplessly addicted to those little casual games you can find on the internet. As long as it's free. As long as it doesn't require massive "twitch skills" and as long as I can get the game concept in five seconds or less, I'm there. I recently fell in love with this little branded entertainment gem from BP. The graphics are fun and cute, the brand graphics are integrated in a delicious way, and the game play has just the right difficulty level and ramp to keep you playing for over an hour. The little song (which stuck in my head for DAYS) did a terrific job of getting the marketing message across in the background without being TOO blatant. And why do I keep playing? Well it's one of those multitasking "get ten things done at once game" where you have to manage to keep an increasing number of customers happy at a faster and faster rate. I am utterly unable to manage this IRL (in real life). However, in the game, I was multitasking like a GENIUS. So there you have it, good brand integration and fantasy fulfilment. What else could you ask for?

The one ID man.

No comments: