Thursday, May 22, 2008

Addiction Skinned


So a few posts back I told you how much I loved the BP Gas Mania game and what I terrific job they did on the branded entertainment portion. Thankfully, I had gotten good enough at this game that it wasn't much of a challenge and I wasn't spending gobs of time on it any more. UNOFORTUNATELY the people at WEtv went and skinned my addiction. Yup, they went and developed a version for the WEtv show "Bridezillas". OK, now this show seems questionable to me in terms of content. I mean after watching one or at max, two matrimonial meltdowns I personally have seen enough. However, if ever there was a show ripe for viral treatment, this would be IT. And the WEtv folks have done a pretty good job of brand extension with this thing. There are a variety of games including one where you dodge "Bridal Hurdles" and one where you "Whack a Worry". As cute as the other games are tho, they don't match "Wedding Planner Bridezillas" for execution. They added a cute Bridezillas jingle when you start the game. And as a subtle but brilliant nod to the Bridezilla Brand, the characters in the game roar like Godzilla when they get impatient. I love it. I HATE IT because I've wasted way too much time on it already, but I love it. They also have some quizzes (Bridezilla Boot Camp, You Might be a Bridezilla if, etc.) and apparently there's a "Make Yourself a Bridezilla" application on the way. But for now, I'll just contentedly waste time with my Bridezilla Wedding Planners, thank you VERY much.

The One ID Man

No comments: